Want some action?
- WATER PARK: Down near the coast and about 25 minutes drive from the house. Lots of pools, fountains and slides with all the thrills and spills you would expect. A great day out for all the family.
- LAKE VINUELA: Just below us. Kayaking, sailing instruction in the summer with some bikes for hire for a jaunt round the lake
- KAYAKING: Educare Adventura in Nerja offers longer sea kayaking trips from Buriana beach, paddling through crystal clear waters, exploring the little nearby beaches and caves (adults and children age 8 and over). They also arrange other activities in the summer … have a look at their website.
- SAILING: If a day at sea on a skippered yacht sounds exciting then organising that for you is no problem. By all accounts it’s a fabulous (if expensive) trip.
- GOLF: Two of the courses, Baviera in Caleta de Velez and Anoreta in Ricon de la Victoria are down on the coast and each is around 25 minutes drive from the house. Antequera, just north of the town itself, is just over one hour away. Each club has its own website if you want to check out the options. There are often special offers.
- WALKING AND BIKING: The house is in the most stunningly beautiful mountainous region and on the edge of the Sierra Tejeda National Park. There are hundreds of square kilometres of peaks and valleys, pine forests and great swathes of gorgeous open countryside. Hidden throughout are the little white pueblo Spanish mountain villages where life goes on much the same as it has for so many years. All this is on the doorstep… and better still… relatively undiscovered. There are countless tracks and paths to suit all requirements. You could take a two-hour stroll for the moderately fit on a reasonably level path (not missing the fabulous views of course) or decide on a strenuous full day, to stand, perhaps, on top of a glorious peak with breathtaking vistas for hundreds of miles in all directions. These seemingly endless trails are perfect, too, for mountain bikers of all levels, with dramatic views to distract even the most committed (arranging a day out for you with a guide is easy) … and if cycling is your sport, riding on miles of tiny almost traffic-free mountain roads is a delight (cycles, mountain and electric bikes can be hired from Torre and brought to the house for you if you want them for a few days ). Spring and autumn are wonderful times to be active … July and August are almost too hot except for the dedicated few who like to get up really early. In winter, although sunset is earlier, there are crystal clear sunny days when it is a joy to be out… and down to a t-shirt at mid-day! There are several self-guided walks described on pull-out sheets in the house as well as maps and books to give you plenty of ideas. If you want an easier time, however, then our guides would be happy to help you discover the full glory of all this beautiful part of Andalucia has to offer.
- RIVER WALK: A lovely stay-cool thing to do in the summer when its hot … adults and children around 12 and over alike. The river Chillar runs from the mountains down to Nerja dn the sea and walking through the gorge … possible in Summer … is a great day out. Ask for details.
- CAMINO DEL REY: Wow! Does that mean anything to you? For the adventurous who are not afraid of heights! Have a look on the net .. do you dare?
Guided walking and biking… and other ideas for adventure
Our guides love the mountains and forests around the Axarquia and are very knowledgably about tracks and trails. They will help you choose your route according to your fitness level, ability and inclination and will talk you through what you need to take with you before you set off. They all ask that you be properly shod and equipped for your chosen activity. They are all well-acquainted with prevailing local weather conditions (rain and mist do happen – sometimes – and can descend unexpectedly), are fully are equipped with GPS, two-way radio or mobile and speak enough Spanish, thus able to alert the National Park wardens and rescue services… which, incidentally, are very good in Spain. Times and prices are based on a door-to-door trip which makes it easy for you – and with transport if required.