The Casa: Outside
From the covered balcony and kitchen you step out onto the upper terrace with fantastic views – a real suntrap and ideal for a bar-b-que when the sun goes down. There is a shaded area with a large marble table, plenty of comfortable chairs for eating outside and a wood oven (for use in autumn, winter and spring only because of fires are banned outside everywhere in summer). There is also a large circular marble dining table placed for breakfast in the sun. From this terrace, a wide, shallow flight of 25 steps leads down to the swimming pool, pool house and huge walled sun terrace .with magnificent views … the perfect place for relaxing on a sun bed. The pool terrace has a pool house with bar, a large circular table, a kitchen with fridge and plenty of seating. From here you can walk back up to the house on a wide slope to a large terrace just outside the lower sitting room with another comfortable sofa and chairs … and lovely afternoon shade from the bamboo pergola and an olive tree. Here you will find the table tennis table with bats and balls for those with enough energy! Because of the various different terraces on all levels. there is plenty of room for everyone.
- Spacious shaded upper terrace with two large marble tables for dining and safe play for little ones just outside the kitchen.
- Large private swimming pool (10 by 5 metres, 1 to 1.5 metres in depth) with wide steps for access.
- Large corner pool house with bar with bar stools, fridge and sink … more shade and less of a trek for a cool drink …
- Table tennis table with bats and balls
- Top and bottom terraces have gates between the house and pool. As well as making a safe play area for little ones just outside the sitting room and kitchen, these gates prevent unsupervised access … a reassurance for naturally worried parents. We are told by our guests that the house is very suitable for young families. The pool itself is surrounded by walls and railings. Because it is set well away from the main house and on a hillside we recommend all children are well-supervised at all times when they are in and around pool.
- Large circular granite dining table and chairs in the pool house for that alfresco lunch when the children won’t leave the pool!
- Poolside shower.
- Terrace loo and basin … convenient when you are down by the pool
- Gas bar-b-que (no charcoal needed)
- 8 full-size comfortable sun-beds
- Other comfortable portable chairs (shade or sun? … you choose … )
- Olive trees that offer shade from the heat of the midday sun
- Umbrellas for extra shade
- Outside low-leve lighting and pool lights controlled from the covered balcony
- Large driveway with room for turning the cars