Lower floor sitting room
Poppies in May
The Casa: The facts
- Large country house in Andalucia, Southern Spain set amid the Sierras, on a hillside with stunning views of the mountains around and the valley below.
- Officially registered with the Spanish Tourist board as approved for letting: Number VTR/MA/02517
- Private but not isolated. Peace and quiet in abundance.
- 4 bedrooms, 2 sitting rooms, one with 2 full-size single beds, 3 bathrooms, 4th terrace loo and basin for easy access from the pool and lower sitting room .. often used by children for sleeping .. 2 full-sized beds.
- Larger than average pool with pool house with large table, benches, chairs, fridge, sink. Gates between the house and the pool for the safety of small children
- Large covered dining terrace outside kitchen with marble tables as well as several other different balconies and terraces with comfortable seating.
- From Malaga airport to Alcaucin , 68 kilometres and around an hour depending on traffic
- Nearest village is Alcaucin, with shops, bars, restaurants: 2 kilometres. A typical Spanish ‘pueblo’ village
- Further excellent local shopping, bars, restaurants in Puente don Manuel in the valley below the house for everything you are likely to need: 6 kilometres
- 25 minutes drive to the coast, beaches, water park, extensive supermarket and all shopping.
- Car: Essential. Note that the last bit of the journey is on a country road, part unmade, part concrete road (access to 27 private houses along its length) and perfectly drivable with an ordinary car. There are photos of the road in the ‘gallery’ if you want to see what its like.
- Children welcome. Various games and toys in the cupboard downstairs. (our guests tell us the house is perfect for young children)
- Full-size travel cot, baby bath, and highchair, monitor and many other baby items in the house. Extra anything is easily available.
- Beds are all comfortable with plenty of pillows. Duvets and blankets should you need them
- Crisp white bedlinen provided with bath as well as a separate pool towel for each person
- Mosquito blinds on all windows
- Ceiling fans in all rooms
- Electrical Adapters for UK plugs in all rooms
- Two hair dryers
- TV: Two large flat-screen TVs. Basic UK channels in the upstairs sitting room and Spanish channels downstairs (one purely for those sports fanatics) . Both have DVDs. The sitting room downstairs is a perfect spot for children+midday heat+plus DVD … equals quiet time for all!
- Wireless internet for your own laptop .. free of course
- Swimming pool is cleaned twice a week throughout the year
- Table Tennis table with bats and balls
- Gardener looks after the many trees and plants
- Underfloor heating throughout the house for the cooler months
- Wood-burrning stove in the upper floor sitting room
- The Casa is serviced before new guests arrive as well as after they have left – so it will be squeaky clean and ready for you when you arrive.
- Extra cleaning can be arranged during your stay if required (Pay locally).
- Absolutely no smoking inside the Casa
- Our House Managers, with fluent English, live locally and look after everything when we are not there. They will meet you, show you to the house, give you a key and of course will be available right throughout your stay to sort any difficulties you have with the house while you are there.
- If you are thinking seriously about booking you may like to look at the low cost flight options. We usually take a morning flight out arriving around lunchtime so we can have something to eat on the way and visit a supermarket before we go up to the house. You may not want to go out again to shop once you get there. Suggested carriers: www.jet2.com, www.ryanair.com, www.thompsonfly.co.uk, www.ba.com, www.easyjet.com.
- Arrival is at 4.30pm and departure by 9.30 which may make a difference to when you decide to fly as we cannot be flexible on those times in the summer. Standards are high and it takes our housekeepers a full day to prepare the house for your arrival.
- Car hire: We use www.malagacar.com, have for some time and are happy with the service and cost. For excellent personal service, email Maria for a quote at Ace Car Rental, Benjarefe, Malaga for a price (its a small family firm, very easy, quick collection / drop-off/ no queueing). Using the on-line brokers is a risk despite what seems to be a cheap option; many hidden costs and horrendous queues at the airport when you go to collect your car particularly over summer
- What the weather might be like: www.weather2travel.com is a good guide